Any reference to the IJPDS , ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ is to the International Journal for Population Data Science (IJPDS) and any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ is to you as a user of the IJPDS Service.
IJPDS is a registered as a Data Controller with the ICO under the control of Swansea University through registration number Z6102454.
From time to time we may change or amend this policy without notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways: directly through your input and through the Service's technologies such as cookies automatically.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information collected directly from you may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number; this may be obtained by you completing a form and giving us this information directly
- Information relating to your Educational and professional background;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to the Service; and
- Interests and communication preferences
The majority of IJPDS content is open access. However In order to access certain content such as to register as a peer reviewer or to make use of additional functionality and features of the Service, we ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
If you register and sign in by using a third party account (such as your Facebook account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party and the Service will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your account on the Service to be linked to your third party account.
Information Collected Automatically
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier ("UDID") and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
- Where information is available to us that does not constitute personal data under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 we may use this information other than when restricted by law. If we combine data in a way that makes your identity known this will be treated as personal data for the period that it is combined. These provisions may be subject to change and we will notify you if this occurs.
- Should you decide to block or limit certain cookies your access to the Service may be limited or declined. This is a matter for you to consider however should you decline or block cookies you may be denied access to the whole Service.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the Service to you, such as allow access to or delivery of our products or services, process or fulfill an order or transaction, or administer surveys
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Provide technical, product and other support and help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Offer you customized content and individualized personalization of the Service
- Enhance, evaluate and improve the Service, its advertisements and promotional campaigns and our products and services and to develop new products and services;
- Identify and analyze usage trends, including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party content providers;
- Notify you about changes or updates to the Service and our products and services; and
- Provide you special offers, promotions, surveys and other information about the Service as well as products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors.
We may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Relevant agents, representatives, joint venturers, and entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or publisher, such as societies and sponsors;
We also may need to disclose your personal information:
- to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
- to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others; and
- if the Service or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any information you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexable by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
Your Choices and Communications Preferences
You can manage your communications preferences when you register with the Service, by updating your account preferences, by using the "opt-out" or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Information
The Service may allow registered users to access their account information and make corrections or updates upon log in at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. You may also request access to other personal information about you that may be held in the Service. If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
The IJDPS takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal data in accordance with relevant legislation and all standard technological safeguards. The security of your information is important to us and this is kept under ongoing review.
Cross-Border Transfer of Your Information
Your personal information will not be transferred to any other jurisdiction for processing.
Deletion and Destruction
In line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 your personal information shall be held only as long as necessary after which time it will be deleted.
Data Science Building,
22nd March 2017